I’m a true romantic. I’m sure this isn’t news to you—I’ve written more than 25 romance novels! But I’m not much into the standard gift of a dozen roses on Valentine’s Day. I mean, if you send me roses, I’m gonna smile and say thank you, and the fact that you made the effort to get them will please me. And who doesn’t like the scent of a rose? But a bouquet of flowers doesn’t THRILL me. You know, bringing on chills and making my heart flutter.
But there are other things that will rev the old engine if you know what I mean… hehehe.
Here are a few ideas for Valentine’s Day that will knock his or her socks (and other clothing items) right off!
1. Strawberries dipped in chocolate are nothing to sneeze at. Unless you happen to be allergic to strawberries or have a chocolate-sneeze reflex like I do. (I sneeze at the first taste of very good dark chocolate.)
2. An adult-only LOVE BASKET. This could make for an interesting February 14th. Wink wink.
3. Okay, nobody will argue with this one… because diamonds are everybody’s best friend, but there is a minor commitment involved.
WARNING: this gift comes with strings attached.
4. A symbolic key to his/her heart in the form of a necklace.
Sweet. Simple. Profound.
5. Heart-shaped pizza… it’s what’s for dinner. Cheese always wins. (And it’s easy.)
6. A NEW CAR!!!!! This works very well. No complaints here.
7. Fun, yes, romantic, maybe… dangerous, too. I would suggest popping in mouth guards before engaging in this sort of Valentine’s Day fun.
8. I already have four of these, but nonetheless, a very touching gift. Requires long term care–I”m talking 18+ years minimum.
9. Shoes are nice, but a huge chocolate high heel screams, “HAVE A SWEET DAY!”
10. BEST GIFT OF ALL!! Something steamy from Mia Kerick’s adult collection.
My suggestion: read aloud in bed!!
ORRRRR…. you could preorder Dead Sea my March 3rd Coming of Age Gay Romancehttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VRY4W8V?pf_rd_r=WRBCX37VM04HKXBV27E6&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=3ab2c040-0d42-490b-a671-ea2c7dfffb9a&pd_rd_w=tvMrq&pd_rd_wg=Y6WOf&ref_=pd_gw_unk
When the bully saves his victim, he never expects to fall in love. Yes, a very romantic gift.
Happy Valentine’s Day 2021!!